Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Please define "right out of the barn", are we talking Hamtramck, MI in the spring of 1970? Or sometime later. As you know those will pull out quite easily sometimes.

Literally pulled out of a barn in South Georgia in the early-mid-80s, in a reasonable state of originality. There is some incorrect items in the pictures from then and it is known that the shortblock was replaced under warranty in 72 with a non-TA 340. By no means an absolute reference but a was a very original lowish-milage car. That is why I ask about the vent tube, I have seen both ways but most every car has some many incorrect items that I can point out that I have not found one I consider proof. Troy's in a N95 car and although I used it for many things in my restoration it is no good for that question. Barry's DVD is the closest to proof, it has no hose either. I believe no hose but I figured I would ask since I had all the experts tuned in.

Thanks, Kevin

Kevin, here we are again, this car was 15 years old with an engine change before you saw it. That is hardly proof positive that is was built that way. It doesn't prove it didn't come that way either, just no wat to know for sure when the timeline stops in the mid 80's.

"By no means an absolute reference but a was a very original lowish-milage car. That is why I ask about the vent tube,"

Kinda what I said and again that is why I am asking, I have viewed very few truly original AARs. And most I say have inaccuracies that I can pick out and I'm no guru, so the rest is automatically suspect. So do you know the answer of have any pictures or original examples that will verify it one way or the other?

Thank you

Careful, your character's showing!