Quote:

Well, I have had a Moroso unit for the past two years. The first thing that happened was the set screws from the motor to the impeller came loose and the impeller quit turning. That was a wasted weekend of racing. My buddy's Moroso did the exact same thing and they were bought at the same time. Last race of the year three weeks ago my pump decides to quit almost costing me the championship. I swapped over to a mechanical for the day and ran like that. And guess who's pump went out within the next day... yup, my buddy's... My buddy is getting his replaced for free because it was less than a year since the first replacement. I had to pay $44 for parts & Labor to fix mine which isn't bad... Are we the only unlucky people having problems with these pumps???

Whatcha think StrokerDart??? Can we be that unlucky???

Seems uncanny that we'd have three pumps go on us... each time only lasting months of use ... but maybe we just hit a bad batch . BTW The repair guy at Moroso said my most recent one they found the hole the impeller shaft rides in was too shallow by a fraction of an inch... I bitched about the set screws coming loose and that I think that is the root cause of the pumps eventually failing electrically...
He assures me we should be good now and that the set screw "issue" will be looked after on the repairs (as well as for future ones on the assembly line I suupose)

I definitely like the Moroso from a design perspective ... makes it easy to rig an alternator in the stock location using the stock alt brackets. All we needed to do was make correct length bushings for the two (long) bolts holding alt brackets to the water pump.

I think a spare in the trailer might be a good idea anyway though.