I have a post over on the General Board about my engine install yesterday but I need some Q&A with a problem I have encountered. First a brief rundown...

The motor is a 383 BB out of a 65 Monoco that was totaled so a rescue was done. The motor went into my 66 Satellite yesterday and quite smoothly I might add. A month or so ago I was reading a post here about the Oil Pan for a C Body not being able to clear a B Body K frame. It was suggested to obtain the "402" oil pan", of which I did, and a different Oil Pickup that would work with the 402 Oil Pan. I did the swap earlier last week and it appeared to be fine. However, yesterday when I went to bolt up the Torque Converter to the Flex Plate, I experienced a sudden stop as I rotated the front Crank Bolt to turn the flex plate to align the bolt holes. The Torque Converter rotates fine so I know that is not the problem. And I can rotate the Crank 360 degrees either way but I will still get a sudden "thunk" and it will stop. By process of elimination I have narrowed it down to the Crank stopping on some thing in the Oil Pan area. I know this because with the C Body Oil Pan and Pick up installed originally on the motor, the Crank would turn freely with no sudden stopping. I would occasionally turn the motor a few cranks while it was in storage and never had this occurrence. Now I have it...this sudden stop.... since swapping out the C Body Oil Pick up for the B Body Oil Pick Up and 402 Oil Pan. My question then is kind of multi in scope...

1. What is the correct oil pick up for the 402 Oil Pan?

2. Is it possible that I have the incorrect B Body Oil Pick Up and it is binding or hitting one of the Crank Journals? Remember I did not have this issue with the C Body Set Up.

3. What else could it be?

Now that the Motor has been installed, I will have to remove the Center Link to drop the Oil Pan to do a visual inspection. Not happy about that but I don't want to go through pulling the Motor again and that seems to be my only option to figure out what is taking place. And...This issue is mostly my doing as I neglected to OPs check my work while the Motor was on the stand which should have been done at that time. Isn't working on these MOPARS an on going thing???

OPINIONS and DISCUSSIONS Please....

Link to General Post:
https://board.moparts.org/ubbthreads/show...e=0#Post5538507

Last edited by CR8CRSHR; 10/22/09 01:30 PM.