For the headlight bezels I used aircraft stripper to remove the old paint. I used different tools to pound out any small dings around the edges. I then sanded the edges with 240 grit to smooth out any rough spots, then 400, 600, 800 & 1200 grits. I then used buffing & polishing compound using a buffing wheel on my bench grinder. Last I taped off all the areas not to be painted & painted with flat black.

I believe alot of trim restorers will say you need to anodize them after polishing to keep them from oxidizing, but mine still look great after 1 year.

My bezels look a hell of alot better than they did before & cost me less than $10 in supplies.

As for the grill & mirror, I would look at junk yards, car shows & Ebay for good ones since the bezels usually are damaged, not the grill or mirror. I bought my grill at Red Barns show in MI a few years back for $50. I bought the driver mirror in great shape (no pitting) with good cables for $20 at winter Chrysler classic in Columbus this year.

The only piece I haven't been able to find cheap is the rear trunk trim panel for 69 Dart GT. This part is imposible to find in great shape & if you do most people are asking $400. I got a quote on restoring mine at Mopar Nats this last year & the guy said $800. Anyway, I'll keep looking , but is the last piece I need to replace at this point.

Good Luck

5524125-dart001.jpg (101 downloads)