Pulled the valve covers off to get the lash adjusted on my 512RB engine and noticed that the oil was blackened with a very fine dust. I then noticed that a couple of my rockers were just a little loose according to gap. The rocker assembly is a new Crane Gold Rocker 1.5 shaft kit. When the rocker assembly was pulled I noticed on a couple of the rockers that they were rubbing on the shafts causing a very fine aluminum dust to show up in my oil!
There isnt any damage to the pushrods or anything else that i could see and the rockers are not touching the retainers causing interference there either.
Since I was at a friends shop it was put back together,lash was set hot at .018 Intake/.020 Exhaust per the Hughes cam specs.I drove it home (about 2 miles) and parked it.
I pulled the valve covers and dumped the oil last night along with the filter.

I got on the phone and spoke with Summit about the Crane Gold Rocker set as I didnt even have 100 miles on the engine yet. They gave me almost full credit for the price of the Cranes. I then shelled out some more money and purchased a Harland Sharp 1.5 roller rocker kit.

My cam is a Hughes 579/587 256/260 with Smith brothers push rods and the Cranes were 1.5
I should be able to just install the Harland Sharp 1.5 Rockers and be fine shouldnt it???

As long as the rockers and stuff fit okay with no interference to the retainers?

Is there anything else I should know or any tips before installing the set of Harland Sharp 1.5 rocker shaft kit on my engine?

What should lash be cold if the Hughes cam specs are Hot .018 Intake/ .020 Exhaust????

OR do I really need to seriously think about pulling the engine out,disassembly,cleaning and putting it back together? Which everytime I think about just bums me out.

I would like to hear some input. Thanks guys.