Thanks for the responses so far.

On the roller cam I have, Dwayne spec'd that cam for a BS head 470 that I have, but havent put in the car yet.

Not sure I understand how the cam is "wrong" for the 452 heads. As far as compression goes that is why Im asking the question. A certain board member has a certain Challenger that has a 10.8 to 1 446 with a flat tappet cam that is [Email]266@.050[/Email], a tick less converter, and a tick less gear and the same weight. 'Course this certain Challenger 60s and ETs pretty dang good. So, isnt 10.8 with aluminum heads more like 9.8 or so with iron heads? See what Im getting at?? I have no problem having a roller ground with around 260 duration, but Im not so sure the one I have wont work?

On the converter, I dont "think" its too much flash speed. I had a 9 inch in it at first that flashed right at 4100-4200. I picked up .16 going to this converter. Its not some mushy race only piece. Slip figures out to 7 percent and drives like a dream on the street.

On the car weight, no way, no dice, no anything its losing anymore weight. Ive cut 150-175 lbs off it (glass hood, manual steering, aluminum this, that,etc) and I refuse to pull interior out, gut this, gut that etc. Its a freakin street car.

Im hoping to pick up with the open pipes based on a conversation with Dwayne. When he ground the 266 roller for me he said it should run better with no exhaust vs. closed exhaust due to not being a split duration, ie more duration on the exhaust side. Since the current flat tappet is not a split, Id hope/figure the results would be the same.

Keep em coming I do appreciate the input.

72 RR, Pump gas 440, 452s, 3800 lbs, Corked, ET Radials,. 11.33@117.72. Same car, bone stock 346s, 9.5 comp, baby solid. 12.24@110.