I am glad to hear of you interest in FAST racing, I share your enthusiasm!
Initially, FAST racing was trying to stick to IHRA tracks and avoid NHRA tracks because the NHRA required a roll bar at 12.0 seconds and the IHRA was at 11.50. All the tracks out West were NHRA, so there was no push for the intial growth in that area. That is no longer an issue, because NHRA relaxed its rules to match IHRA, and the faster FAST cars now have the required saftey equipment.

F.A.S.T. has done events outside of the Northeast and Midwest, such as Kansas City, St. Louis, Atlanta. Unfortunately, the turnout was not too strong. It seems to be a catch 22. Can't have events out west because there is not enuff cars; cars not being built because of no events close by.

I think FAST racing could flourish in the west. Start small, with events piggybacked onto some other events. A regional coordinator would need to be selected for the west, as the current FAST board members live in MI, IN, NJ.

[img]http://i.imgur.com/boeexFms.jpg[/img]
31 Plymouth Coupe, 392 Hemi, T56 magnum
RS23J71
RS27J77
RP23J71
RO23J71
WM21J8A
I don't regret the things I've done. I only regret the things I didn't do.
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something. ~ Plato"