Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

The Indy 426-6 manifold looks like a good upgrade from the stock manifold that will allow for the stock aircleaner....

I thought about the 6pak manifold myself figuring you could use the 440 6pak air cleaner base, however, I think you would run into the same problem you would have running the old MP single 4 intake with a stock 440 air grabber/ram charger base because the Hemi is taller. I think you would still need a special 6pak air air cleaner base. This, of course is for stock hoods without a scoop.

Tim Banning at FHO makes a nice base for the stage V/ 2X4 package that allows the stock hood to be used.

Ever seen the price? No thanks...I spent 30 bucks on two little chrome ones from the local AP store...

I like the Stage V manifold as far as function but the changes that need to be made to make it work on a car that you want to retain the "stock" look on effectively doubles the cost...The Indy one looks like a good deal if one wants the performance gains and still want to retain the stock appearance of the car....

Your right, it is a bit on the steep side, BUT, as in my case I want to retain the function of the stock air grabber hood, either way I went (modified or custom 6 pak base or the FHO drop base) I'm into some coin. Intake, carbs, base, linkage and fuel lines are close to 2gs for the stage V. I still think I'd be close to that with the six pak (I think Summit has the original 440 carbs for close to 350 each). So for me it's looks like a wash with the 2X4 looking closer to stock.