Finally, guys and gals, I only have one thing to say about my electrical system problems, WOW! I have finally had the time to tear one of my distributors down and "weld and grind" down the slots. This was described as 'recurving' the distributor. My first request for help came with a one sentence response; -check the ground-. Well, I can tell you sincerely- I checked the ground. Everywhere! Couldn't find anything wrong with it. But, the problem persisted. The new MSD Street fire unit I purchased wouldn't work, but everything continued to check out. The timing was showing 52 mechanical at 3,000 RPM. I worked at everything I could remember to FIX the problem(s).

Finally rapid robert instructed me to "recurve" the distributor. Well, I am here to tell you that it helped, but, I was still off. Finally, I removed the MSD, it would only work part of the time anyway. You could tell that it wasn't sending fire along the system. I still can't get the MSD to work at the moment, so the Chrysler ECU stays on for a while. I also removed the adjustable rockers, ouch! I finally had to start over again with the basic engine, still without sucess.

Then, by accident, I touched the ground cable terminal at the battery after an episode when trying to start the engine. OUCH! That sucker was hot! The brain starts working and I think "bingo", so I decided to swap the ground cable from my 70 TA. Hold up there horsey, the car fired right up! I adjusted the timing and took it for a ride. WHAT a difference! The ground cable was a number 2 wire with a very good clear plastic cover that showed nothing wrong with it. BUT, the wiring inside the terminal on the battery was not very well connected. I wasn't able to see the problem because it was under the metal of the terminal connector. There was no corrosion or anything else to indicate a problem. But, resistance must have been up and the amperage was not be able to get through, I guess. Once, the ground wire was replaced, everything started to come into its own (the MSD still won't work). The timing was down (before the recurving) to 45 (from 52) at 3000+. Once recurving, the timing is now at 35 @ 3000. (This a 440) This car has never run this well. The engine doesn't sound like it is missing. It is responsive like my small blocks. Running down the street, I can touch the accelerator and there is an immediate response. Gee, can you say "beautiful"?

Thank you Rapid Robert and the rest of you for your information, encouragement, and etc. Its is great to have a 'HOT' running car. All I can add to this is that if all the wiring and components are properly working and connected, these old systems are easier to diagnose and fix. AND CHECK THE GROUND.