Quote:

This post would/does make me skeptical of the Indy Tunnel Ram...Do you feel with diff carbs, and more time to test and tune that the tunnel ram could eclipse the power over the single Indy intake? This just shows what some already know, that its not always easy to make good power with two carbs.

Nice thread, and nice work Cab

I didn't take the jetting to the point where it quit making more power do to the time of day, I was real hestatant to jet those carbs down that far I will jet it down some more on the Studka and see where too lean is with those carbs. I did find a potential problem when I got the motor home and started draining the float bowls, one was dry I also had a problem on one of the twin Dominators on the dyno, it had a bad needle and seat, which was probally why it was running so rich at first. I replaced that one needle and seat and didn't see any other obvious problems with the carbs. after that I am hoping to add the one inch phenolic spacers under the twin dominator on the tunnel ram to see what, if any, results that will make after jetting the carbs down until it starts to lose power As far as the Indy tunnel ram I'm still wondering about it compared to one other fabricated tunnel ram I tested earlier this year on another motor I had hope to be able to test mine or his to each other, didn't happen Maybe next year we can swap them from one motor to the other at MATS, if that race happens ( I have both tops for the 4150 carbs and the 4500 carbs) I was thinking earlier this evening after making the first post that this motor only made 30 more HP with the twin Dominators versus the single dominator on the 440-2 with the adapter and spacer Maybe there is more in that twin carb set up once it is jetted correctly, I hope

Mr.Cab Racing and winning with Mopars since 1964. (Old F--t, Huh)