Quote:

for us that may build one or two manifolds in our lifetime to have something different and dont weld aluminum, its much cheaper to use steel, plus it lets me play at home with different ideas and fitments etc. sure if i was to go into manufacturing professional intake i would also make them aluminum, but they are not easier to make than an actual steel intake. lighter is also debatable because you have to use thicker aluminum. sure can they be lighter, of course, will they always be? no. again, can you make them out of steel yes. why would you? because you can and can't afford $4000 for a custom hogan or wilson intake.

Jerry,I checked out your site,very impressive.With all that capability and access to the state of the art tooling,Cnc and etc. I can only question why you would even consider something as unconventional and outmolded as a steel manifold.We have built our own inhouse manifolds as well as supplied custom made ones from Tim Hogan for way far less than the dollars you have mentioned.The finish work to radius and blend a steel manifold would in it's self negate any cost savings.As advanced as your company is I would still question your logic and thought process for entertaining such a project"steel intake manifolds" weather it be one or 1000.To anyone that wants to try good luck.