Quote:

I have heard that you can't run a turbo on a HEMI, cause the way the heads are made. Is there any truth to that.. JUst thinking about a future project.. Thanks..

Who-ever told you that needs to go back and Re-learn Hemi's and Turbos.

Hemi head technology is all over the Turbo world. All of your 3 & 4-valve per-cylinder heads are a variation of Hemi technology. Almost all of the Turbo factory motors out there run a 4-valve penta-roof (Mini-Hemi) head.

The shorter direct Intake runners and the shorter more efficient scavenging exhaust make the Hemi head the Ultimate choice for Turbos.

Hemi won't spool a Turbo??? UMMM only if your running one off a Detroit or Cat Diesel the size of a wash-tub. You can have a turbo set up to spool when and where ever you want it. That's why you need to work with the Turbo MFG's and a shop that specializes in Turbos to get your set-up right.

10 years ago a GT-35 turbo on a 2.0L Mitsubishi was thought to be the limit of streetability. Today they run GT-850's (twice the size of a GT-35) on street cars with the same engine sizes.

A turbo has 2 sides. Turbine (exhaust) and Compressor (intake IE: Boost) they both can be custom matched to your application and should be.

I'm working on a 468cui W9-RP headed small block for myself. I wish there was a Hemi-Configuration for a Small block.

Hemifred also just verified some of my thoughts/ worries about the heads I have. They flow HUGE numbers, but were built for an Alcohol Motor. When a similar set was tested on an N/A gas motor they fell on their face at about 6500 rpms.
They should hold up pretty well though with the CUI and Boost.

The simplest I ever heard it put for Turbo Heads and this was from one of the top guys in the outlaw classes. " For boost, buy the biggest and best flowing head you wallet can afford".

When you deal with boost things actually get a lot simpler. You just have to re-learn some theories and remember to forget somethings you have learned about N/A motors.

Look at some known Streetable Turbo Builders like Tom Nelson, Steve Petty, and some others look at what they do. Steve Petty would be a good-one as well he builds Turbo Hemis too.

Bewteen Hemi-fred and Steve Petty (Pro-Line race engines) you should have no questions about building a Turbo'd Hemi.