Quote:

Quote:

Original paint / owner 71 GTX NOT coded for V21 on the tag....looks like this one slipped through the cracks. I talked to the owner and he confirmed it had always been that way.

No slip on that car. Pretty common actually but there has been some debate on 71 N96 Roadrunners and GTXs. Seems pretty much all came with the paint behind the scoop. Since it was bundled with the N96, the extra code on the tag wasn't necessary. Some plants started leaving the code off.

Same thing with the 72 V21/V25 combo. Since V25 stripes always were packaged with V21 stripes, the code was redundant. Whether or not you got a V25 code depends on the plant and broadcast date. V25 is found on all V21 Windsor cars, but few St. Louis cars. Just saves space on the tag.

Actually, my experience with 72s is just the opposite, V21/V25 is coded on St Louis cars, but Winsor cars only had V21 on the tag.

As for 71s, I have to disagree with you on that too. I've been tracking these cars for a long time now. I have very early cars from all plants with N96 and no V21, and I also have very late build cars with V21 and N96 on the tag. There is no coding trend based on build plant either.
The car pictured was a two tag car, so there would be no reason to try to save tag space.

addict:to devote or surrender (oneself) to something habitually or obsessively ....hmmmm