Quote:

Well - I guess I'm the odd ball here. I like old school paint and classic cars that are loud, flashy, and fast. Big tires, parachutes and getting down the track.

Et isn't all that important. If two cars with great paint schemes line up, do long smokey burnout through uncorked headers, leave the line side by side and wheels up, then run door handle to door handle all the way down the track - I doesn't matter if they ran a 9 or a 12 - that is exciting for the fans

I'm not only a racer but a fan of the sport and nothing turns me off more than bland cars that look and sound like they belong in a shopping mall parking lot.

One of the things lost in this sport is the fan appeal - race cars are supposed to be loud - sounding and looking - that's what piques fans interest. Case in point - NHRA is going back to 90% nitro because when they went to 85% they lost the "cackle factor" that fans loved.

I also took a bunch of teens to the track once and afterwards asked them which cars were their favorites - without exception - they all picked cars that had names on them or wild graphics and were loud.

Last edited by bonefish; 09/06/09 09:48 AM.