Wow, really good question..I LOVE Door cars..problem is I like all of them, so when you ask what impresses me most..that's tough.
Like most, that has changed over the years, as we become more jaded to better and better built cars, and performances that would have shocked us years earlier.

Right now..in 2007, I've been impressed by Small tire Stock Eliminator cars that can jump into SuperStock and compete with the best the big tire guys have to offer. I know Calvert started the movement years ago when he invented his Cal-Trac's and converted his C/S Mustang to SS/G. But the new crop of crossover cars are doing it even better. Kevin Bergstom's Yenko clone B/SA 69 Chevelle is a beautifull car,(for a chevy) and recently won the Brainerd national, running SS/FA!
But the one that's doing it better, faster, and most impressive to me right now is the Rettig Brother's, Steve Wann piloted, C/SA 440 4BBl 69 Barracuda, winning SS/FA at Indy with an unreal 9.66!! Now, since they've been running SS all year, I know it has an SS specific engine it, but to go that fast in a Stock legal car just blows me away!

RadAMX's small tired monster...Pictures just don't do it justice..it's meticulously prepared, maintained, and runs insanely quick.

The first time I saw Rick Corn's Corn Family Racing Status at a Monster Mopar Q-16 event, I was in love!! Most people think a top sportsman car is just a Pro-Stock car with a big inch motor, but it takes a different approach and technology to build a car that's pro-stock quick, and be as dependable, reliable, servicable and consistant as a typical 10 second bracket car. Rick's car had all that in Spades when it came on the scene a few years ago.

The Mopar Missile Pro Stock Noen. The Avengers, and Stratus' are cool, but the little Neons from a few years ago really done it for astetically...and none looked better to me than the one in the traditional Black, red, gold, and yellow livery of the Mopar Missile camp. If I could have any racecar I wanted, I'd track down that baby and make it my own!

"Livin' in a powder keg and givin' off sparks" 4 Street cars, 5 Race engines