ok lets see if someone smarter than me can help with this, the engine is a 73 440 cast crank, rebuilt previously 30 over flat tops 0 deck 452 heads roller rockers basically a little better than a stock hp engine...the rest is unknown. I got it from a friend, I regasketted it and a couple caps to theck bearings, hipo pan and windage tray installed:

the isue I have is occasionally if i stop hard the oil light will come on for a few seconds, when hot. I also get a what sounds like a lifter tick occasionally but will go away, like im losing oil pressure. I bust out the snap on mechanical oil pressure gauge and throw it on there.

the cars got 15 40 rotella t in it with a wix filter. cold i have about 70 psi pressure, but the needle on the gauge flutters (this is a new unit, never used so the gauge might flutter) hot ive got 40-50 psi... these are numbers at idle. my question is whats causing the tick and winky light? at 40 psi i would think the light should come on as thats a 3-5 psi switch iirc. today im changing the oil filter and oil, was wondering if a sticky bypass in the pump would cause this or is the engine short for this world? any ideas?

"Are you gonna bark all day lil doggy? Or are you gonna bite?"

05 ram 2500 ctd
74 gremlin x 360
65 mustang 347
70 coronet R/T 440
03 Mach 1