Quote:

Quote:

This is in a baffled pan so very unlikely even in braking.
Only time that I have seen a HV pump a pan out and it really didn't is in a dirt car wiothout the proper pick up so that the oil was pulled away from the sump from inertia of the turns on the oval. would have happened with any pump. I know that there are many here that 'think' that a HV pump can pump out a pan but it is very unlikely and will have other contributing causes like blocked or in some way restricted oil return - not the pump over pumping. If you thinkk it does that is up to you .

I know it is. I have had it happen in a street 440. Yes I stated other factors (did you even read my post?). In my case I had loose bearings, an HV pump, baffled low capaciity pan, no windage tray, and light oil. If the pan wasn't kept at 1 guart overfill the pan would go dry (under acceleration).
Just becuase something hasn't happened to you doen't make it impossible.

The HV pump IS contributing to his situation--it HAS to. How MUCH is debatable--not IF. Its job is to pump a higher volume of oil UP into the engine--that means LESS in the pan. They are postive displacement pumps--its what they do!

If you reread my post it says "very unlikely".
And your post it doesn't "HAVE TO". The pump may contribute but better find the underlying cause. Seen many times where replacing siomething 'fixes' a problem intially caused something else. I say it again a HV pump on properly built with proper adaquet oil levels engine isn't going to pump out the pan. Been around too many of them in the last 45 years.