Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

for the after market blocks what would be a better choice. what holds up better. advantages and disadvantages. can aluminum blocks really be rebuilt after some explosions or catostrophic failure.

advantages iron is 3,000$
and disadvantages aluminum is 6,000$

So thats your only disadvantage?

i am not sure i dont have any experiance with the aluminum blocks.
how about availabillity?
how about lifter bore sleeving?[any issues?
can barings spinning?block growth?
maintainance with valvetrain?block and head growth with heat?
are there any drawbacks in these areas?

They don't cost $6,000. My KB was $4,850 plus $150 for shipping to SC from CA. So it was $5,000.
I figured at the time a Mega Block was about $2,600 or so plus another grand in corrective machine work to fix the usual Mopar Performance junk, it was only about $1,500 difference. I'll gladly pay an extra 1500 bucks for a block I can repair if I grenade it and not have to start all over with another new block. The World blocks weren't available yet when I built my hemi a few years ago. It was either KB, Indy, or a big pile from MP.

KB has a few months of wait time, but I think it's worth it. Indy has them in stock as far as I know.

My lifters don't get any oil at all (solid roller) and there is no lifter bore sleeve. The only oil they get is drainback from the heads and what gets splashed on them. No trouble here. I sent my lifters back to Isky for a checkup after 2 years of use and they sent them back saying they were in perfect condition and needed nothing.
They can gundrill oil passages if you're going to run hydraulic lifters though.

The block is gonna grow since it's aluminum. My lash changes .012" from cold to hot. Again, no problems. CHIP

the cost of the ali block was takin from the link posted above.
["P5153868
Block, Aluminum, Wedge, Siamese-bore, Finished Bored at 4.50"
$ 5,695.95 "]