Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Aluminum is light, easily repairable if windowed, and you can resleeve if you hurt a cylinder. The ONLY downside is the cost.

Cast iron is heavy, it's a boat anchor if you window it, sure you CAN sleeve it, but not like an aluminum block.

In my opinion, if you have the money...there is only one way to go. That's why I have a KB block in my cuda. CHIP

I agree. There may be some here chime in about thermo/power loss. That's all BS. There may be some cylinder movement that can slightly affect ring seal but it's minimal compared to the advantages aluminum has over iron.

If your running a N/A motor with NO power adders then the aluminum may be the way to go, maybe not if you can't afford to lose a certian amount percentage wise of the total HP attainable. MY example is Pro Stock, they can run any block material they want, once they lobby NHRA for it, and all of them are using Compact Graphite Iron blocks not aluminum

If you're running a n/a motor that's not heads up, then the aluminum is probably the way to go. Even in a heads up situation, taking that weight off of the nose of the car and the overall weight savings coupled with repairability probably make aluminum the best choice even with the slight loss of hp in the ring seal. The new world iron blocks, without cnc lightening weigh like 200 lbs more than a alum block!