Quote:

I thought I would share this with you since its something I have never seen, heard about or ever experienced..

Being a skool boy learning this nitrous stuff.. I made a silly little error that could have been quite costly.. Luckily, the motor seems to be ok..

In the pits this last weekend, we hooked up the bottle, put the warmer on it and got it up to temp.. For some dumb reason, I decided to purge it by using the micro-switch on the gas pedal.. I know.. I know.. what was I thinking

An hour or so later, they called my number for first round time trials and I hopped in the car and was all excited to break new ET's and MPH...

I crank over the motor and KABOOOOM !!! people 6 rows away ducked for cover.. The ol nitrous back fire..

Well.... we needed to put all the rubber vacuum lines back on the carb and then decided to fire it up to see if there was any damage.. the motor fired right up, but shot up to 3500 rpm.. Turned off the motor and looked everything over once again.. turned on the fuel pump, no fuel running down the carb.. so we fired it back up... right up to 3500 rpm and fuel was gushin into the secondaries..

Decided to miss the 1st round and pull off the carb and to my surprise, the backfire bent both butterflies on the secondary almost a good 70 degrees pointing upward... which explains why the motor raced to 3500 rpm...

We flattened them back out and the motor seems to have survived without any issues.. However this was sooooo freak, I thought I would share it with you guys...

Wow
Dont feel bad, you know 100% more than me about NOS, but someday I plan to run it..So its safe to say not to purge the line through the engine at all correct?

[color:"red"]65 Hemi Belvedere coming soon [/color]
[color:"#00FF00"]557" Indy engine 1.07 60ft 144mph in the 8th 2100 lbs package [/color]