Quote:

Sometimes it is tough trying to get in touch with previous owners. I managed to find the second owner of my A4 car from an old electric bill I found uner what was left of the carpet. He did tell this crazy story about the car. Apparently the original owner was into illegal type activities and was using the car for transportation of said stuff. He preceded to tell me that the car came with a 440 six barrel engine from the factory with a lift off hood. After the car was wrecked this cat started to sell off all the high buck stuff from the car to pay legal expenses and that is when second owner bought what was left. It is a Lynch Rd. car and the build date is right in line with when the order came down for the construction of the first six pack cars. The car is an "H" code vin and the tag reads almost identical to what the A12 cars do except the A12 on the fender tag. After reading the story about the red 4 speed "H" code car from Canada, who is a member here, I always wondered if my car could have been a pre-production unit given the second owners story. My car does have the original small font 054 rad in it. Also has the correct leaf springs, torsion bars. I am going to restore the car back to six barrel status and will always have to wonder if the stories were true or not. Either way these cars lived it up when the were new and I am sure each one has a story to tell. Sorry for the long winded post. I hope you find your guy. By the way I am from Ft. Worth, Tx. JC.

You could buy a 383 with the hemi suspension. Can you post a pic of the fender tag?