Over 32 years ago I purchased a 1969 Hemi Road Runner from a junk yard in Bryan, Texas. The car had been sold new at Mid-Cities Chrysler Plymouth in Arlington, Texas and spent most of the next ten years in the Dallas area before being sold in a salvage auction.

The Road Runner is nicely optioned, and came A4 Platinum Silver with a M6S Pewter interior. It is a 4 Speed car, and still had the original transmission and 3.54 Dana 60 axle. The Hemi was gone, replaced by a rebuilt 383... at the selling price of $150, I did not complain too much!

Over the years I can only recall seeing two other A4 1969 Hemi Road Runners, the first owned by a former NHOA board member... the car had a black interior IIRC. The other was the Platinum/Pewter (Automatic?) car proclaimed to be "1 of 1" in Mopar Collectors Guide in the 1990s... so I started calling mine "2 of 1".

I have always believed that there were probably 6-10 Platinum/Pewter combo 1969 Hemi Road Runners... but I am starting to doubt it now. Any confirmed Platinum/Pewter Hemi RRs known to forum members... Pictures?

The attached picture is shortly after purchase in 1977...

Allen