Quote:

i havent figured the amount of boost just yet. no hurry on this build. but i am building with the parts that i have around my shop. so after market block is out of the question. im tryin to find a safe number for HP to aim for is all. forged steel 440 crank. may use H-beams might use 6 pack. this is a budget build. i still havent decided if im goin with turbo or supercharged.

Do not use six pak rods Buy a decent set of longer aftermarket H or I beam rods no matter what the HP goals are as long as ithe HP will be above 600 HP. As already said if you want to build a motor that will be run with boost do not use a stock block, B or RB, the reason being some boost is good, more boost is better I have built a lot of Mopar engines in the last 20 years, I own a new world block along with some B1 heads, if your going to make serious HP you will blow up the stock blocks, I have seen many RB blocks with cracked main webs , those motors where making less than 700 HP at the time on gasoline N/A I have one 440 block motor that I spent a lot money on before the World blocks came out that I wish now that I hadn't, 527 C.I. Sr heads M.W ports,custom ground solid roller cam and so on, it has made 870 HP so far on the local engine dyno before it broke a pushrod in the middle That broke the Crower solid roller lifter top off and gauged the cam and lifter bushing I have it back together enough to remove the oil pan and system to inspect the main webs, I hope there okay If they are I plan on removing that crankshaft rotating assembly and heads and replace them with a pump gas combination I will use those parts in a good block , probally another World block
If your in no hurry and don't want to have to do this engine build twice either build it for around 600 HP with no boost or wait until you can sell the parts you have and use that money to buy a new race block while there still availble

Mr.Cab Racing and winning with Mopars since 1964. (Old F--t, Huh)