Something to keep in mind too... by the time you've bought the parts and prepped the block for that level (above 600-700), you have a significant amount of cash in it. Clean, mag, sonic test, fit caps and girdle, align bore/hone, modify the oil passages, lifter bushing, bore, plate hone, and square deck... It's close to $4K for all that for me and that is what I believe you need to do to make reliable HP in this package. And, the block's maxxed out. How much is a new better one compared to that level? With a budget of $9-10K (or more qwith a blower), having a rebuildable engine with room to grow is worth 1 or two thousand more IMO. Nevermind the overall more power produced at the crank because the bores stay straighter and the block doesnt move around.

Well, art is art, isn't it? Still, on the other hand, water is water! And east is east and west is west and if you take cranberries and stew them like applesauce they taste much more like prunes than rhubarb does. Now, uh... Now you tell me what you know.