Quote:

I had the "free" tickets to the ADRL race at Gateway. they announced 2 days before the event that parking would be $20, but I was OK with that. They have to get the prize money somewhere or the cars have no motivation for showing up.
So a day before I score a VIP/Competitor pass. "In like Flint" sez I...Wrong....when I get there the gate is blocked off with a sign saying the track is full. They probably(IMO), gave out 3 times as many tickets as they had seats. I will never fall for these shiesterly marketing (IMO..keep it legal) strategies again!!!

You are not falling for WHAT again, a FREE ticket. Yeah, thats a real scam there. How is a FREE ticket to a major event a scam. Don't matter how many tickets they gave away (it was 1,000,000 by the way). In my opinion, if you did not get in, it's your own fault. Things get started Friday at about noon and Saturday at 10am. Me and some other guys were standing on the starting line Friday night and people were still trying to get in at 9pm and qualifying was nearly over. What are they coming to a racetrack at 9 on Friday night for. Saturday the gates were also open until late, so my question is, why were you so late. I will tell you guys now, as of Columbus, no more testing on Friday. Qualifying starts early afternoon. If they can get 3 in they will. The Saturday schedule is one last shot and move into eliminations. Get there late either day and you won't likely see much, if you manage to get in the track even.

The crowd in St Louis was unreal. First round, we had a hard time getting to the lanes, because of so many people in the pits. We finally get in the lanes, I walk to the line to have a look at the track and the bleachers are packed and people 3 deep on the fence. Been that way at every track this year.

Monte