Moparts

ADRL race in Columbus, going?

Posted By: moprod

ADRL race in Columbus, going? - 08/12/09 07:22 PM

Anyone heading to see the wild rides at the ADRL race in Ohio Aug 21& 22?

Attached picture 5413225-Harper.gif
Posted By: Irun5snd8th

Re: ADRL race in Columbus, going? - 08/12/09 07:24 PM

If its anything like Gateway; everyone will be coming. They had to shut the gates Friday and Saturday at Gateway last weekend. They had cars backed up all the way out to the interstate waiting to get in the gates Would like to have gone myself but the Nats were the same weekend.
Posted By: hemiparts

Re: ADRL race in Columbus, going? - 08/13/09 02:28 AM

Same thing @ Rockingham both years they had to close the gates because they had too many people I saw track owner Steve Earwwod a few weeks afterwards and he said he's been in the business for 40 years and never seen anything like it. He said folks were standing on top of the bathhouses to be able to watch the race
Posted By: ProSport

Re: ADRL race in Columbus, going? - 08/13/09 09:07 PM

I might have to check this out, as I mentioned in the other thread you can get free admission and pit passes at Summit Racing.
Posted By: kissmyaspen

Re: ADRL race in Columbus, going? - 08/13/09 09:14 PM

we had a huge stack of tix here at napa in heath.
Posted By: 340RICK

Re: ADRL race in Columbus, going? - 08/16/09 04:51 PM

I landed some free tix for this dono if I will have time to make it or not. But its only bout 40mins from the house might sneak out for a lil bit.
Posted By: Lil Wedge

Re: ADRL race in Columbus, going? - 08/16/09 05:10 PM

Every place you go is giving away free tickets, track official told me they were expecting about 9-10,000 spectator cars @ 20 dollars a car to park,lol. ADRL truck set up at Trails and a guy leaves there several times a day taking tickets out to businesses to give away. Free entry, 20 dollars to park? Different angle,but obviously it works, cool $180,000 to $200,000 plus sponsor money to work with.
Posted By: Ben Holt

Re: ADRL race in Columbus, going? - 08/16/09 05:32 PM

We will be there racing in the XTF class. If you plan on going get there EARLY. They have shut the gates at the last two events they had because so many people showed up. I have a stack of tickets if anyone needs them. If you've been to an NHRA show this is the same if not better!!
Posted By: 340B5

Re: ADRL race in Columbus, going? - 08/16/09 06:43 PM

I had the "free" tickets to the ADRL race at Gateway. they announced 2 days before the event that parking would be $20, but I was OK with that. They have to get the prize money somewhere or the cars have no motivation for showing up.
So a day before I score a VIP/Competitor pass. "In like Flint" sez I...Wrong....when I get there the gate is blocked off with a sign saying the track is full. They probably(IMO), gave out 3 times as many tickets as they had seats. I will never fall for these shiesterly marketing (IMO..keep it legal) strategies again!!!
Posted By: Duster3105

Re: ADRL race in Columbus, going? - 08/17/09 09:35 PM

Quote:

We will be there racing in the XTF class. If you plan on going get there EARLY. They have shut the gates at the last two events they had because so many people showed up. I have a stack of tickets if anyone needs them. If you've been to an NHRA show this is the same if not better!!

Yep we're heading up early, Thanks Ben for giving Duke ticket's .

Rick....
Posted By: Monte_Smith

Re: ADRL race in Columbus, going? - 08/17/09 10:19 PM

Quote:

I had the "free" tickets to the ADRL race at Gateway. they announced 2 days before the event that parking would be $20, but I was OK with that. They have to get the prize money somewhere or the cars have no motivation for showing up.
So a day before I score a VIP/Competitor pass. "In like Flint" sez I...Wrong....when I get there the gate is blocked off with a sign saying the track is full. They probably(IMO), gave out 3 times as many tickets as they had seats. I will never fall for these shiesterly marketing (IMO..keep it legal) strategies again!!!

You are not falling for WHAT again, a FREE ticket. Yeah, thats a real scam there. How is a FREE ticket to a major event a scam. Don't matter how many tickets they gave away (it was 1,000,000 by the way). In my opinion, if you did not get in, it's your own fault. Things get started Friday at about noon and Saturday at 10am. Me and some other guys were standing on the starting line Friday night and people were still trying to get in at 9pm and qualifying was nearly over. What are they coming to a racetrack at 9 on Friday night for. Saturday the gates were also open until late, so my question is, why were you so late. I will tell you guys now, as of Columbus, no more testing on Friday. Qualifying starts early afternoon. If they can get 3 in they will. The Saturday schedule is one last shot and move into eliminations. Get there late either day and you won't likely see much, if you manage to get in the track even.

The crowd in St Louis was unreal. First round, we had a hard time getting to the lanes, because of so many people in the pits. We finally get in the lanes, I walk to the line to have a look at the track and the bleachers are packed and people 3 deep on the fence. Been that way at every track this year.

Monte
Posted By: 340B5

Re: ADRL race in Columbus, going? - 08/17/09 11:47 PM

"there's a sucker born every minute" --never again.
Posted By: blown572dart

Re: ADRL race in Columbus, going? - 08/18/09 12:28 AM

Quote:

"there's a sucker born every minute" --never again.

Or a dumb azz

I would be there in a minute if it was closer.Went to it in SGMP and it was great.......
Posted By: mopartony

Re: ADRL race in Columbus, going? - 08/18/09 01:13 AM

Was at the ADRL race last year at Martin. What I saw of it, was crewing as usual at events like this. There was a line of cars over a mile long on the freeway, BOTH WAYS!!! even as the storms rolled in. Get there early is the best advice.

Thanks again Monty for the help last year at MArtin. We are getting there. 6.57 on 3 kits, the 3rd kit is soft. still have room for improvement.
Posted By: sunroofgtx

Re: ADRL race in Columbus, going? - 08/18/09 07:43 AM

We will be there. I'll be there from THursday. Big Don Ellison will be broadcasting live starting at 7pm on Racetalk39x.com We will be bringing down our Equipment to build custom FireCore50 ignition wire sets. Already doing Lenmar's Cuda and 4 other sets. Hopefully Billy Glidden will be running our set that weekend to break some records. I know Mark Micke is debuting the new FireCore50 wrap on their Procharged BAE 10.5 68 Camaro. We have a lot of customers, so watch for us in our orange and black pit-shirts. We will be making sets starting on Thursday @ 3pm, until Friday @ 3 also. Stop by and say hi !

I've got a bunch of free tickets. PM me on where to meet if you neeed them. I'll be there Thurs to Friday, 3pm to 3pm.
Posted By: sunroofgtx

Re: ADRL race in Columbus, going? - 08/19/09 10:33 PM

I have tickets, call if you need them.
© 2024 Moparts Forums