First thing is go watch a few rounds. Watch the cars, the burn outs, the tree. The closer you can get (while still being safe like behind the wall) the better. Watch how far each car has to roll up to light the prestage and stage bulbs.

Now, go to the other end of the track and check out the turn off and return road as well as where the timing shack is. Make sure to observe anything you can use as a landmark so you know when you are nearing the end and have to get ready to turn.

Let the starter or the guy at the head of staging know it's your first time. He may let you make a single run if it makes you more comfortable.

I wouldn't worry to much about a burn out. Street tires don't get that stickky and usually just carry water onto the track. I'ld recomend driving around the water. Maybe back up just to the edge and give them a quick spin to clean off any rocks or anything but nothing more.

If you do go down with another car, remember to try and curtisy stage. Each car lights the pre stage before either lights the stage. Sometimes double bulbing happens though.

Know where the other car is on the track. Especially when it comes time to trun off. I always tell my 11 yr old that the car farthest from the turn off has the right of way and you slow down to get behind them. That way no one has a chance of being hit from the rear. When I'm racing, usually either me or the other guy make it painfull clear if we are yeilding the turn.

And drive slow through the pits. Many people walking around as well as kids that can come out of nowhere sometimes. And not becuase they are messing around either. Don't expect anyone to be able to hear you comeing.

And above all else, if you don't have the luxury of traveling with a motorhome, try and pit close to a bathroom.

But most importantly, have fun and tell us how it goes.