Quote:

Thanks for the info.. I always run vp or sunoco
110 leaded for around 8 to 9 bucks a gal..
I can get the aviation 100 leaded for 5 bucks
a gal..

As a pilot and ex airplane owner I haven't heard of 100 avaition, just 100 LL avaition fuel I use to use the 115-145 octane when it was around back in the 1970 and then they drop that due to the large high performance multi engine aircraft being phase out of service here in our country. They (the oil companys)switch to 115-130 for several years and dropped that when they switch to 100LL. I did see valve seat damage when using the 130-145, I haven't really used the 100LL straight for any period of time in a race car so as far as damage 100LL does have, as already said, additives to increase its shelf life. The other thing is the specific gravity (weight per gallon can be compared with non avaition gasoline) is a lot less than most race gas Race gas is designed to be used in all out racing, aviation gas is designed to be ran at a consanst RPM, usually less than 2700 RPM, and design to be ran at the lean condition( 25 to 75 F degrees rich or lean of peak EGTs) to be rated at 100 octane. If you run it richer it won't have the same power as it does when it is ran lean the last thing is most airplane don't travel close to the ground so the fuel is designed to be ran at higher altitudes, 5000 ft MSL or above is normal

Mr.Cab Racing and winning with Mopars since 1964. (Old F--t, Huh)