I'm looking into a project where we would build up a SB for an A body track car (road race). It isn't an all out effort, just a big fat torque curve so the guy can drive to the track and pull 130 mph down the front straight.

We have a couple 360 blocks but there doesn't seem to be a lot of options for 4.0 inch cranks with the 360 mains. I'd like to run a Chevy 2.10 pin so I can use a Chevy connecting rod. (The Chevy rods are less expensive and there are more bearing options plus the smaller piston pin is lighter, etc.)

The other option would be to pony up for a 340 restoration block and then go with a Callies crank with the Chevy pins. Or I suppose one could use bearing spacers but I don't like that idea.

I'm not having too much luck finding bobweight info on the various cranks that are for sale either. Maybe I have to call the vendors to find out if these cranks will balance internally or not? The bobweight should be down around 1800 grams or so with a 6.125 rod, .927 pin, 15cc dish piston, etc.

Lots of rings available at the various 4.00 oversizes so we'll probably run 1.5/1.5 or 0.043/0.043 just to take a little more weight and friction out of the assembly.

Any other options out there that I need to think of?