Quote:

How deep are your pockets and how much power do you want? If you've got 2k to drop on heads, you can get a set of CNC ported 440source stealth heads(they look very close to stock externally) but flow enough to make 600hp. Or a regular $900 set of stealth heads that'll flow enough to make 500hp with. Then you could toss in a stroker kit to punch that 383 to a 496, again not visible from the outside. Add on an edelbrock DP4B intake which flows better than stock intake but looks so similar to a stock intake very very few people would know. Some even came with a chrysler part # cast onto them to make them look very stock. Then toss on a decent holley vacuum secondary carb, again hidden by the air cleaner, run your stock air cleaner with a 383 pie tin on it and your aluminum headed 496 fire breathing stroker will look like a stock 383, maybe with a set of headers. That's just thinking out loud if you want to spend some money and run deep 11's in the 1/4 mile....

DaytonaTurbo: I like the way you think and have been saving my $$ to build a 496 383. I cant wait to kick some a$$ with "a little ole 383"