Quote:

Quote:

**** Post Contains Some Results Information ****

Final note: The greatest driving job I have ever seen was laid down buy a guy in a 9-second Willy's early in the day. He hit a slick spot and found himself staring at suddenly out of shape at about 1000 feet, doing nearly 120! Sideways left, staring at the near lane barrier..... pitched back the other way and avoided contact, only to find himself quickly in the other lane looking directly at the opposite barrier, only to successfully negotiate that disaster as well. How he drove it out the end without a scratch, I will never know. But hats off to that guy!!

The Willys wild ride you spoke of, was it orange? If it was I was in the other lane when he lost it and ended up in my lane.

We had an absolute BLAST at Pinks,though I didn't have the best of luck I would do it again in a heartbeat. My first pass on Friday was good, I was expecting a 10.32 and it ran a 10.324.Second pass the tree comes down so fast I didn't quite get it to WOT before I let go of the button and it ran a 10.41, a bit of a slip up but not serious. Saturday on my first pass when they pointed to me to go into the waterbox, I put it into gear and the heavy spring on my shifter broke.It mostly holds the handle from flopping around or so I thought. I did my burnout and was happy to get all three gears. I had a good launch but it didn't shift into 3rd the first time I hit it. I knew right then I was sunk. I ran a 10.56...I went to town and bought a new shifter (it was the oldest part on my car!)got back and thrashed to get it all in and just barely made it into the end of my class. I ran a 10.36 on my second pass on Saturday.

The group they picked were right in my bracket,(10.20-10.40ish) if I could have run between a 10.32 and a 10.36 on the pass where I broke my shifter (it predicted a 10.34)I think I would have had a good chance of getting in.

It was an awesome day though,and there were so many people!It blows me away to see someone finally figured out how to fill the stands with people to watch a race with relatively slow cars! 10.40 cars! and it was exciting!Hats off to the Speed Network and the Pinks All out crew!!! Can't wait for the next one.

I'm going back to Pacific Raceways this weekend for the Pacific Sportsman Nationals.

You know I am just blown away here.As always I beat myself up for a week when I lose. I didn't know whether to be happy it was something beyond my control,(the shifter breaking) or mad for the same reason. Then I thought damn I'm an idiot, when it wouldn't shift I should have got out of it and I might have got another qualifying run. Seeing that if I had've let off we'd be having a WHOLE DIFFERENT conversation because he definitely would have hit me square in the drivers door!!! Holy cow!

Last edited by 10sec440; 08/18/09 09:42 PM.