thanks for all the help guys and no i am not useing the factory amp guage anymore. Rob do you have a part number for the alt you are using? WAs that alt a bolt on deal or did you have to mod the alt brackets to get it to fit. also rob could you post a pick of it mounted on your car?

what i still don't understand is my car will put out 14.5 volts at idle with everything on except the fan. but as soon as the engine gets warm it will quit charging with the fan on or not and by that i mean my volts go from 14.5 down to around 12.5 with fan off to 11.9 with the fan on.now when my engine is cold like right after i just start it. I will have 14.5 volts at idle.then turn the fan on the volts will drop down to around 12.8. I to think i just do not have a big enough alt. just trying to figure out why it acts the way it does between a cold engine and a warm engine. thanks Mopar65

3520 pound race ready 1973 Street/Strip Dodge Dart - Stock stroke 440/727 10.49 @ 125.0 on 93 pump gas & ET Street Radials. More to come... ( SGT Miller) Proudly served 12 years in the US ARMY RESERVES support our troops