Hi all- been a little while since i have been around. I have a major problem and cant figure it out. Looking for ideas..

Car is a 1966 Plymouth fury2 with a Poly 318 and auto trans.

Drove the car for about 1 month and then it started to run slightly rough just off idle. enough to notice it. When I decided to look into it I found that the entire drivers side of the engine doesnt appear to be running at all. If I pull ALL 4 spark plug wires for the drivers side fromt he dist. cap, there is no change in idle (maybe very very slight). If I reconnect them all and then pull any ONE wire for the pass side the idle drops. So the entire drivers side isnt working.

Heres what I checked/replaced:

1- Compression. All cylinders pretty close to 150psi
2- Timing chain was replaced
3- no obstructions in exhaust
4- removed intake and cleaned crossover and made sure no other obstructions.
looked at intake vales while intake off- No major gunk build up and all seam to open enough
5- closed valves and sprayed with carb cleaner and let it puddle arounf the valve then waited 5 minutes to see if ti leaked out- It didnt.
6- plugs, wires, cap, rotor, points, condensor all replaced and gapped properly
7- Replaced original distributer with another points dist. No change
8- Replaced points dist with electonic with HEI from ebay. No Change.
9- Replaced plug wires with MSD required for the new dist.
10- New accell Coil installed now with no ballast resistor.

Cant be a carb problem because the runners split 2 cyls on one side and 2 to the other.

So what can cause all those problem and still have good compression and no valve leakage?

Im about ready to push it off a cliff!!!

Last edited by Radio Joe; 07/08/09 10:24 PM.