Quote:

You went to the trouble of installing a fuel pressure gauge, and are now pretty anxious to ignore or explain away what it's telling you.

If the gauge sees 15psi, so does the carb, whether it is smooth or spiky.

Running without the gas tank cap for a period of time would rule out the possibility of a pressurized gas tank.

That would take one thing off the table.

Hmm. I guess I wouldn't rule out pressure in the tank, but I thought it a little unusual that a fuel pump would be pressurizing fuel at that different a rate?

I should mention another symptom. I originally just thought it was a matter of using parts of less quality, but maybe it does indeed point to a pressurizing of the fuel tank?

Here's a picture of where the fuel filter sits:

Ignoring the dots above the 'A', look at where the red arrow points. When I had a single hose clamp on the line (a fingered one like this), I once had fuel spraying out of the rubber line from the left side of that rubber piece toward the passenger side fender well.

I thought this a matter of using bad parts, so I increased the quality with a screw-type hose clamp (like this). Alas, a single one didn't hold, and I was forced to put a second screw-type clamp on there, where the blue arrow labeled 'B' points.

I really thought it was some incompatibility with the stainless line (which is double-flared correctly) and the rubber hose that came from the filter's packaging. But maybe it points to a pressurized fuel tank?