Rob,.....I have a 440/6 THAT use to run hot in my Daytona, professionaly built by a "known" race shop down south, dyno's at 450 HP, 030 over, KB forged pistons, roller valvetrain 520 lift, 10:1 compression, yada,yada,yada....15 degress initial, almost 40 total by 2500 RPM,...solid factory blade fan, factory shroud,brand new 26" High Effienciency micro tube 5 row radiator fan and shroud properly spaced, plus being a wingcar, has a complete rubber "flap work" of sheilds that boxes in the radiator to the front grille, plus foam seals around the radiator,.....tried everything when I first put this car together, to try and keep it under 250,....It was fustrating, confirmed running tempertures with infrared, and thermocouple probes to calibrated independant equipment in hopes the "rebuilt" factory gauges were wrong,... NOT!..... plus the car puking green stuff everwhere I went! kinda confirmed it! .... tried timing changes, thermostats, no thermostats, fans, spacers, clutch, solids, 5-7 blades, etc, shroud spacing, jetting/fuel enrichment,....you name it,..... running factory HP manifolds the heat riser is removed, the exhaust is not restictive,...Chambered 2 1/2" pipe, exiting thru factory tips, no mufflers ....intake crossover is functional,....after several months playing all the combos, and really no improvements,....kinda stumpled apon this,.....dumped the Prestone green stuff,....Completely flushed the system,...replaced with ZEREX G-05, clear in color, not sticky,...and it's not that DEXCOOL crap that GM's use, that clog/rot your system,....I used the Zerex G-05 with 50/50 water mix, and 8 oz bottle of Redlines waterwetter (avaliable at Autozone),......with no other changes, other than the fluids, the car went from running 220-250, to 190-200 consistently (running a 180 stat) and no more puking green after a run!

PS, the Zerex G-05 is designed as a replacement for cars running the "greenstuff",....says so on the bottle!.....I tried the Zerex first, was worth about 20 degrees off my heat, the waterwetter took another 20 degrees off......I've been running that combo of "juice" for 5 yrs now, no cooling issuses/problems, even in bogged traffic, super hot days, high RPM runs, etc....I do flush, and replinesh the system every year

Mike

5313156-0000a.jpg (105 downloads)