Hi again folks, Ok here is what its come down to,
after replacing the start/run relay, and was no help, I started messing with the wire connectors around on the distributor, I found that if I connect the 3 wire plug from the harness to the run side of the pick-up coil it will crank and stay running indefinitely, but this 3 wire plug is supposed be pluged into the start side coil,
what looks to be is a jumper wire coming from one plug to the other these are brown wires,the yellow wire is the one I am using to jump over but this lookslike it may be only the grounds,,,
are these 2 plugs independently fed from 2 resources? or can I simply make a splice into the start side connection and jump to run side pick-up?
with running only the run side it tends to run weakly with a slite bad idle, should both sides alays have power to pick-up coils? or is whats happening is the start side cannot keep up with enough volts to run the ignition because the run coil is not being fed power to assist? would this also cause the ignition coil to be extra hot perhaps causing system to shut down?
there still; seems to be a lot of variables....
am I heading in the right direction with resolving the problem?
Thanks!

5319921-Picture2095.jpg (26 downloads)
Last edited by PoisonDart; 06/28/09 02:22 PM.