around 8-9 voltz at + side of the coil. and 12voltz at the ballast, I pulled the dist cap off today and fount the coil wire was stuck into the cap, a little force pulled the end off the wire, so I wound up changing the rotor Button and cap, BTW this dist. has dual pickups in it, how would one tell if one of them is bad leaving the other weak, again today after changing coil wire cap and rotor, it fired up and ran for 20 minutes and killed dead again, I had even moved coil awy from the heat off the engine, mounting it up on firewall and coil was still red hot to touch after running 20 minutes, I vaguely remember back in the 70's having to put bag of ice onto the coil of my old charger to cool it down so I could limp back home, changed the coil very next day it worked fine,.... I'm not sure why my ephassis is on the coil. its probably something to do with the switch? only I cant see it shutting off after running for 20 minutes or so, if it didn't start at all I could see it possibly being the ignition switch, I looked under the dash for any loose connections or meltd wires but found no bad signs, fuse box looks good,bulkhead looks good,
any other idea's?

thanks so far