Now, I've got some perspective on this as I just grenaded another flex plate. When this problem first cropped up, I tried all the colors of Loc-Tite to no avail. Finally, I tried an old trick I learned a long time ago from a millwright and wrapped the bolts in Teflon tape. I checked the bolts frequently after that, and found them to be holding perfectly, and eventually left them be. I did a cursory check this spring and found to be apparently okay, so I didn't check them again after the first outing. Sure enough, yesterday morning I put down an 11.45 on the footbrake, and an hour later pulled in for my first t-brake launch. I detected a funny clatter when I fired it up in the lanes, and made a mental note to crawl underneath and check things out after this pass. Sure enough, foot to the floor, tree coming down, and all of a sudden she hits the rev limiter. Scratch one flex plate. I'll crawl under it later this week and see if I've wounded a convertor. If I have, it might be a season fore me, if I need a new convertor, as I've just recently become self-employed. Oh, well. That's racing.