With the mufflers right under the running boards, there is no way I could hear a vacume leak unless it was whistling, which I don't hear. The motor was cold and the choke was on because the motor was just started (it was about 30*) and there was a deffenate rpm change when the pedal was depressed. The motor was on fast idle and it increased in rpm probably a couple hundred rpm change that remained increased until I lifted my foot from the brake pedal. (sorry didn't even think of looking at the tach. ) Once I lifted my foot off the pedal, the rpm dropped the couple hunderd rpm it had increased, back to the original fast idle. I know the carb on the motor has some issues and a rebuilt replacement is sitting on the shelf waiting for mother nature to cooperate. I'll have to try it again when I can run the motor until it reaches opperating temp and then get down where I can put my head near the brake pedal, maybe I can hear any vacume leak.

Probably won't happen this week, we got 6" of very wet snow and then it rained and is snowing again now. The car is once again burried in a mound of snow. This winter sucks. Gene