After some medical setbacks and lack of time, I have been able to do just a few things to the car. It has been on a body dolly for months, and I was able to install a B body rear into it yesterday. Its nice to get the rear wheels back on the ground, if only symbolic.

That's a B body rear with SS springs and Dr. Diff's relocation brackets. I am running the Scarebird rear disk brake setup.

From swapping to the E rear housing to the B rear, I will be able to run a set of shared 15X10's (5.5" back spacing) that I'll use on both my Super Bee and my Cuda. When I'm not running the spare aftermarket wheels (most of the time I won't be), I'll use the 15X8 Rallyes I already own. The wheel adapters you see are there to put the wheel back where it was in the wheel well when an E body rear was being used. The B body rear is 1" shorter on each side, so these are 1" adapters. ALSO, you can't run the Scarebird disk setup with Rallyes unless you use these adapters because of interference. The adapters make everything fit and look just right.

I wanted to ditch the 8.75 rear in my Super Bee in favor of a Dana (High HP), so I literally had it laying around (now I have an E body 8.75 to sell instead). I invested in the relo kit and the adapters for about the cost of a couple of rims. So essentially these changes saved me the cost of two tires because I can share between the two cars and it saved me some space. Plus I didn't know going into this that the Scarebird disks didn't work with Rallyes... having them fit with these adapters was just a fortunate bonus!

Side note: I had some center bushings machined to press into the adapters for good measure. I didn't like how the wheel was going to only be supported by the lugs (as opposed to how the wheel also rests on the axle center normally). I also had to bend the rear sway bar ends in to fit with the different length housing.

6499728-IMG_0480.JPG (47 downloads)