Quote:

Quote:

Just ordered a set for my 66 Ply Satellite with 383 and stock 516 re-worked heads. However I went with the 1 3/4's as opposed to 1 7/8's per their/TTI's web site. I will be using the Taylor 8mm wires with protective boots so hopefully there won't be a problem. One question though...how was the actual install for ya. My 383 is out of the car so would it be advisable to mount them out of the car or is it easier with the engine motor in? Hopefully I won't have the slight QC problems you experienced but if some massaging is required and welding cleanup needed then I have that covered as well. I will be following this post to see how things work out for you....

Don't get me wrong I am very happy with the TTI's. They went in easily. I installed them with the car on jact stands and the motor/Tranny in. the only trick I had to do was i had to turn the wheel all the way (forgot the direction) when installing either side. After we figured that out they went in very easily with a guy on top and my pushing them in from below. They are still Headers though and they don't bolt on by themselves... Having studs on the ends helped. And Don't forget about the starter and have it prewired too BTW.

I wanted the 1 3/4" ones but I got a great deal on the larger ones. They were slightly used (never ran)and a couple bucks less. Plus no shipping so I jumped at them. I figure i will go the stroker route one of these days and the headers will help in that regard.

I am afraid I will have to clearance them is the way it sounds. I have a spare wire with a heat shield thingy jambed in there for now.

I will try a shorty plug. IIRC they are only shorter by about 3/8" which may be enough.

I tell ya what though...it's crap like this that makes me wish I had a 340 car! It's down right annoying to change plugs on this car at times...I love those angled sb heads and the sb is SOOO small compared to a BB in these B bodies.

Dare i say i am turning into a small block man...

hmm...sounds like the solution is some angled plug edelbrock heads (:

1976 Spinnaker White Plymouth Duster, /6 A833OD
1986 Silver/Twilight Blue Chrysler 5th Ave HotRod **SOLD!***
2011 Toxic Orange Dodge Charger R/T
2017 Grand Cherokee Overland
2014 Jeep Cherokee Latitude (holy crap, my daughter is driving)