Quote:

Thanks for all the responses. I will try to explain better. Elgin will provide me with nothing other that saying the needed retainer has a 1.5 O.D. to match the 1.5 O.D of the spring. The spring has a 1.090 I.D. Comp has a retainer with the correct 1.5 O.D. but, it has a 1.095 I.D., won't fit. Comp also has a retainer with a 1.4 O.D. which is smaller than the O.D. of the spring and it has a 1.060 I.D. This spring will fit but, it does not cover the entire spring and the I.D. 030 This will fit but, will it walk around on the spring too much? I don't want anything coming loose or dropping a valve.
Elgin has been completely unwilling/unable to help. How/why do they sell a valve spring that they don't make a retainer for?

Thanks.

Well, the tried and true MP spring P3690933 is listed at a 1.53" OD with a 0.224" wire. Unless my math is bad this would translate into a 1.082" ID. I'd get the MP retainer for this spring, P5007858 and call it good.

"We live in a time when intelligent people are being silenced so that stupid people won't be offended".