Quote:

I've been reading through the forums quite alot and finally decided to just make a post and hope for some advice. I've got a '67 440 out of an Imperial that's on it's way into a '67 W200 for truck pulls. I plan on driving the truck regularly and therefore keeping it streetable. Just looking for some suggestions on some minor upgrades before I drop it in. A rebuild is out of the question for this season so mainly looking for some bolt on help.

My class rules will require pump fuel which is 91 locally, pull 14" of vacuum at 1000 rpms, electric fans allowed, and exhaust reaching behind the cab with some sort of muffler (headers allowed). A few other pulls I'd like to hit this year will require a factory cast iron intake.

So far I have a Holley double pumper 750, crane adjustable rockers arms and electric fan. Hoping for some suggestions on a cam and any tips or modifications to the intake for better flow.

thanks for the input,
Corey

I went from 14.30 to 13.80 in a bone stock 67 GTX by adding a Summit 488 cam... pulls plenty of vacumm and worked well w/ the stock stall and 3.55's. I'd say what you have plus some headers would realy wake the 440 up.

[IMG]http://i66.tinypic.com/pui5j.jpg[/IMG]
Coming soon!!!!