This is a good start and thank you all for the ideas and the PM's. I'm hoping a bunch more people will jump in and comment. There is alot of knowledge on this site and believe me, I can use it!!
As for whether it will or won't get done.... It WILL be out next season. I have been chewing on this for years and I'm not restoring this one to it's assembly line look. It's definately staying a race car. Now I have to start gathering parts.
I like the idea of going with a different block. It is the numbers block now and it has been repaired once already. I also like the idea of staying slower than 11.50, just for the cage aspect, but like I said before, I'll put one in if need be. I'm also ok with going with a single 4 or dual 4 and tweaking the shaker base as needed. Some of the stuff I'd like to pick up used to shave some of the costs because I know this is not going to be cheap... intake, headers, maybe aluminum heads, and such.
As for street duty,,,, It will see the street at some point. Probably not alot, but, it will, but, that's by no means my primary concern.
Thanks everyone and keep the ideas coming!! I know alot of racers haven't chimed in yet and I hope they do.

Chris from New Jersey