Hello
I am about ready to finish up the Hemi build for My 65. I need to order some push rods, and get my oil pan, but that's about it.
With My build, I wanted two things, plenty of power and reliability. I didn't want to have this thing apart at the end of each year, and wanted it to take some cruises to car shows etc if the need ever arise to run this thing on the street, which it will.
With the costs of good used factory blocks, if you could find one that wasnt welded on, have concrete in it, or wasnt already .060+ over you better be ready to shell out a easy $4K+.
So I went with a World Block with a 4.5 bore, which are stronger, and half the priced of used up 40 year old hand-me-downs.
I am using a Generic 4.5 stroke, for a 572 CID. I figured the long arm will help keep the RPM's realistic.
Instead of cutting back the compression to run on pump gas, which IMO compression hurts a hemi much worse in the power, and torque department than a wedge. I decided to go with 12.75-13:1 compression, run good timing were the motors like, and just use race gas, which In my area isnt much more than premium pump. I never understood why people will push the limits of pump gas compression only to sacrifice total timing to keep detonation out of the engine. Any gains seen with the extra little bit of compression would be lost pulling timing out of the engine. Anyways..
I went with the New Edelbrock Cast MP heads, which turned out awesome. I really try to concentrate extra funds in the head department. I let Jeff at Modern Cylinder head work his magic with the CNC port program. And he got some outstanding flow numbers. about 460CFM out of a stock port location head. I went with a set of DLI rocker system, which I picked up from a board member. These are Stainless roller tipped rockers, and Blue anodized stands. If you can find a set, jump on them, rocker ratio is idea, and they dont have oiling issues as some other higher priced systems do.
7.1 long Manley I beam rods, Weisco Pistons.
I had Barton spec me a custom Solid flat tapet cam, which is a monster for a flat tappet. 282@.050, and .700+ lift. I went with a set of the Howards EDM direct lube lifters, these are a AMC lifter In which I plan to have hollow push rods, with a .020 restricter and oil to the tips.
Seems it came be conman to have oiling issue's to the push rod/rocker area.
I am using a Cross ram setup with Holley's, so I cant comment on what you need in that area.

[color:"red"]65 Hemi Belvedere coming soon [/color]
[color:"#00FF00"]557" Indy engine 1.07 60ft 144mph in the 8th 2100 lbs package [/color]