Well, as it turned out they both had drain plugs on the face of them, so I drained them. GER looked quite clean, the truck conv somewhat brown. I replaced the plugs and filled with kerosene. With them laying face down I then used a spare front pump assembly(unrebuilt) and installed it to hold the sprag and spun it back and forth vigorusly. Then I installed a spare input shaft and spun that as well. With the face down over a bucket, I quickly removed the drain plug and applied compressed air, boiling the kerosene inside. This creates a vapor, so be careful. I then drained them. Both of these trans will be run in on an engine stand; usually I simply run a line from the out to cooler line right back into the return port, as there's no real load on the tranny. I think I will install a clear plastic fuel type filter in that line to see what I catch. The rear drum and support was lost on the stand the very same way, but I'm thinking either the damage was already there and I didn't catch it, or there may have been a mess of crap in the line that I used, as the converter came out real clean. Odd thing was, most of the damage was to the drum bearing surface, not the support itself.

Last edited by mark_gates; 12/10/06 07:18 PM.