Quote:

I would try just a good resistor try coil wire first. You also might be able to add a condensor to the distributor side of the coil.

!!!WRONG!!! RF suppression cap goes on the PLUS side of the coil

There was a huge discussion a while back, you might search it up. Now first IS THIS in fact ignition noise? That is, a popping that increases with engine RPM?

Here's a few things:

First, I'd buy resistor plugs, and before changing your wires, I"d go down to NAPA or somewhere reliable and buy a RESISTOR coil wire. In other words, just the coil wire that would be equivalent to a stocker set of wires

Next I'd get some condensers/ capacitors--NAPA should show in the pictorial guide, one or two radio noise suppression caps, used to be RC1 and RC2 or something like that. Put one on the coil pos to ground, put the other on the radio case and splice into the plus lead.

Next, put grounding jumpers from the rear corners of the hood to the firewall

MAKE SURE this is ignition noise. Electric fuel/ water pumps, fans, heater blowers, wipers, etc, WILL all cause noise. An alternator can make a musical noise, especially if it has one or two bad diodes. Very hot ignition systems like MSD (not picking on them) may be more difficult to filter

Sometimes adding a couple of extra jumpers near the rear of the engine to the firewayy helps too These do NOT need to be "ground braid" They can be a pair of no14's parallelled or one no 12 or 10

Sometimes tucking a harness closer to ground helps. Example if you have the choke/ alternator wireing loose along the engine, and running up near the plug wires, get it tucked down and clamped along the engine intake area

Last edited by 440sixpack; 05/21/09 03:59 PM.