Quote:

i noticed your adding a lot of braces. this, i think, is a good thing. how much is it gonna weigh when your done? do you think its possible the get as much strength as your getting useing a lighter material? im not trying to say anything bad, on the contrary it looks great, im just wondering if it could be as strong with less weight.

I am not sure what it will weigh my guess is around 2600#-2700#, the front fenders are fiberglass and the bed will be light and have fiberglass fenders also.
I only want to run between 10.0-10.60 range and I am putting in a 493 stroker with eddy heads and I figure I will only need around 550hp to run those times. and I feel that the 493 is going to make more than that so I may have to slow it down some to run where I want to be.
I dont want to go faster than 9.99 because of all the extra stuff that goes with it

I went with 1 3/4 dom instead of 1 5/8 because we had the 1 3/4 dies for the bender and new dies were going to cost $285. chrome moly cost much more and I dont have a tig setup to weld it. so I went the least expencive way.
I just want a 10.0/135mph fun truck Ron...