At least the calipers on your RAM are on sealed lubricated slide pins. The front brakes on my 2001 Dakota are in a word, chit. The calipers "slide" on a cast rail on the caliper mount bracket. Through years of Wisconsin salty winter highways the calipers wear "notches" on the rails and after time the calipers never fully retract. Rubbing increases, calipers get warm/hot, slide rail builds up crap and wears and gets hot as well. At one time I took a 4" grinder to the slide rails and ground them down to get rid of the notches. But that leads to too much play in the area where the slide rails retain the calipers. Just a cheap crappy design, lousy brake feel, brakes dragging on when trying to stop on slippery surfaces. When I put this Dak chassis under my 56 Dodge build I'm replacing the entire front brakes with the setup for a 2003 Durango, which uses slide pins. Much better braking, much less caliper drag, much better braking feel.

On ABS systems, the braked wheel has to slip about 10% to 20% less than the actual vehicle speed before the ABS does anything. Two things required, the wheel has to have the brake applied, and the braked wheel has to turning slightly slower than the actual vehicle speed. If not both, the ABS does nothng. If the brake on that wheel circuit is not applied by in cab brake pedal pressure, and if the wheel is not slightly sliding already, ABS just monitors the wheel speed. Active vehicle stability is different. If the stability system senses a vehicle yaw thresehold out of the intended track, of if the traction control system senses a driven wheel spining faster than the actual vehicle speed, then the ABS/Stability control can actually apply brake pressure to that sensed wheel independent of the driver input on the brake pedal. The system may also reduce engine power independent of the driver input to get that wheel speed to match the actual vehicle speed. So its not likely the ABS/Stability system is applying a brake independent of the driver input to cause brake drag. Even if a wheel speed sensor was well out of adjustment, the ABS/Stability system would not function and recard a fault, possibly shut down and turn on the ABS light.

My 56 C3-B8 Dakota build