It's sometimes hard to gauge real people who are serious buyers as opposed to time wasters & scam artists. I had some extremely vague message come regarding camping trailer I listed a couple of years ago. I almost ignored it but gave the person the benefit of the doubt & replied. I was glad I did because they showed up, gave me the full asking price & paid in cash. The couple that bought it were so cool that I gave them a $500 weight distribution & anti-sway controller set up for nothing. up

If I list on facebook or craigslist I put a few standard terms in my ads such as....

Don't ask me "Is this still available?" because if you see the ad, it's available & will be removed when sold.

Please put the name of the item you are interested in, in the subject because I have several ads for different items.

Reply through craigslist or facebook but make sure you reference the item in the message so your email doesn't go to a spam folder or get deleted. You can also call me on a land line at xxx-xxx-xxxx. This is not a cell phone, so do not text it.

None of this guarantees anything but it does help weed out a number of nimrods. The ones that start haggling or low balling in the first sentence are the most annoying. I was selling a solid wood, hand made bed for $425 & got a message, "Will you take $100 for the bed?" I sent a one word reply back, "No."

The next message was, "What will you take for the bed?"

My answer was, "Not $100." laugh2